Thursday, February 10, 2011

My sign

A little while ago, I was wishing that I had some sort of symbol to remind me of Kristen. It came to me last night! I was feeling a little sad going to bed last night, it wasn't a bad day... I was just missing Ken because he's offshore again, and missing Kristen as always. Anyway, as I was laying down I happened to look out my window, and through one of the panes, was a bright little star. In that moment I felt a peace kind of come over me, like I haven't felt in a while. And I remembered a line from the poem Rosalind had written for Kristen
"To look beyond grief and sorrow
To honor the beauty of who you are
Trancending all earthly burdens
Shining like a distant star."
So that's my thing now. I've always loved the night sky, and what a nice thought to think she's up there shining down on me as I sleep. Maybe it's foolish, but it gives me comfort.
I had an appt. made to have her footprints tattooed on my back made for today, and originally I was going to have a butterfly above the right foot, instead, I had them surround her feet with stars. I love it!

1 comment: