Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Putting it in motion

Here we are, planning again. I'm scared to death! But, I can't imagine not having another baby. So, I had an appt with my RE yesterday, Ken had planned on coming too, but ended up having his training course rescheduled on him, so he couldn't make it. Long story short.. she was glad to see me again, at my six week appt, I told her that I wasn't really ready to think about actually going again.... and she said she had worried that we wouldn't. She's fairly confident she can get me to term, if invitro is successful again (I'm also scared my luck is going to run out there one of these times too) With of course a cerclage. So the ball is in motion. Ultrasound is booked, just to make sure there are no other fibroids lurking in my womb, and I'm calling our fertility clinic in Vancouver to have a chat. YIKES!
Went last night to a concert with my hubby and his brother, very nice to get out and just enjoy the music. I like Newfie music (very close to Irish Celtic) and my husband is a fanatic, every cd that comes out he owns.... so this was a good mix from a number of local bands. Ken's only home for a couple of more days (and he's in training for both of them) but at least he'll be here in the nighttimes until Friday. Three weeks flies by wayyy to fast.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are trying again too. It will be difficult and scary. I got pregnant 5 months after losing Jacob and it made me happier than I had been since he died. But is was scary and I also spent alot of time crying and missing him more. I ended up losing that baby, but we are trying again. The joy outweighs the fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for you guys that you are trying again. As for luck running out, well I think we have all had enough bad luck for awhile. Praying for good dr. visits, great ultrasound results, and success on your in vitro.
    Does your husband do 3 weeks on and 3 off, cuz that's what my husband does?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana- I'm so sorry that it hasn't worked out again for you, praying that this time does. Thanks for commenting, and I hope that we do find joy in this process. :)

    Becky-
    Thanks too for the well wishes... and yes, that's his shift too. I don't mind it most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that all of this work brings you a beautiful rainbow! How exciting!

    I will have to check out Newfie music because I am a huge Irish Celtic music fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy that you are trying again!! Infertility Sucks- and I didn't have to go all the way to IVF- so it must be a scary process for you- but exciting too I bet.. bittersweet.

    Remember, I'm jsut a call, and a somewhat short drive away! :)

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great that you're taking steps to start thinking about your next little one... know how you feel about being hesitant and not being able to imagine not having another one. With you through it all every step of the way. Love always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its always wonderful to hear about a BLM trying again...it brings a sense of hope...it doesn't fix the broken heart, but brings hope.

    I had a cerclage and went to term. If you have some questions, don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete