Monday, April 25, 2011

Couldn't hold my tongue any longer!

I had to say something, the first thing I saw on FB this morning was another status about how awful it is leaving her baby in the hospital! I know, for my own mental health, I should just stay off of FB, and for a while I did..... but it's become a habit again. Although, my blog is the first thing I log onto every day. I always want to check up on my blogging friends first.
Anyway, I was nice.. I think... this is what I wrote:
I know it must be tough... But please don't lose sight of your blessings... Jacob WILL be coming home with you! Believe me, the waiting is a small price to pay.
Sending you love, and prayers for strength!
Hope I didn't offend her by it, but maybe coming from me, she will be able to see the big picture, and again be grateful in the fact that her baby is with her on earth, and will someday soon be home with her family.

6 comments:

  1. That was SO nice of you! Kudos for being the bigger person. Better than I could've done! I'm glad you gave her some perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what you said was very appropriate and I hope she is able to see the big picture.

    This reminds of the time that we met with the social worker in the nicu when Cooper was born at 31 weeks. She asked me how I was handling things and I said to her "this is a big step up from having a stillborn daughter so yeah, I'm good!" Not saying that the nicu wasn't tough and to minimalize the things that Cooper went through but I knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you worded it very well! Through your words, I hope that she will realize that she has a lot to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on saying what you wanted, but still being supportive and positive. I hope she gets the message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think what you said was good and hope she wouldn't take offense to that.

    Ahh, facebook can be so evil sometimes, I am rarely on it anymore like I used to be

    ReplyDelete
  6. You wrote it so beautiful and so proud of you for saying something...I've taken myself off FB - it was just getting too hard and decided that I didn't need the stress anymore. Feel a little out of touch with some of my IRL friends though. Love to you always xoxo

    ReplyDelete