Thursday, April 21, 2011

What's in a name - Blog Hop

Rachel from A Lasting Footprint, is celebrating her 80th blog, and she's come up with the fun idea of a blog hop about our baby(ies) name(s)

I'll start with my first born... My crazy two year old:

Jenna Nicole
Jenna's name was decided for her a long time before she was even conceived. I always liked Jenna for a first name, and after I met Ken and his family, I liked the idea of using Nicole, his younger sister's name for a middle. Ken was okay with this, and we just always knew when we had a girl... her name would be Jenna Nicole!

Kristen Eva
We never found out Jenna's sex until she was born... I loved the surprise. But I had promised Ken that if we were lucky enough to have another baby, we would find out. Kristen had other plans, and hid herself nicely on all of the ultrasounds. We have a boys name too... Carter John (Carter because we like it, and John for Ken's Grandfather) But we were undecided on what we would call a girl. I like Caitlyn, and there are a few other names, but the name Kristen was one I thought of and discarded early in the pregnancy. When she arrived, I took one look, and decided she would be Kristen Eva (Eva for my Dad's Mom) Ken agreed, of course, circumstances being what they were, I think he would have let me pick any name I wanted..... but he was good with Kristen. Kristen means follower of Christ.. and Eva means life. Kind of funny now that I have found out the meanings... but she was Kristen Eva from the moment I met her! I have said her name in my mind a million times, and one day, while driving.. I realised that if you mixed up the letters.. you get Stinker... I would have most definitely would have teased her with that growing up... Jenna is my Monkey, and Kristen would have been my Stinker! She probably would have hated that! lol!!! That's alright.. Dad always called me 'Sherri Lynn with the hair on her chin'... because it rhymed, and bugged the crap out of me!

4 comments:

  1. I laughted at the mix-up of the name Kristen to be Stinker. I love that. I love that you have a nickname for Kristen.
    I have always loved the name Nicole.
    Thanks for joining in today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and thank you so much for all your kind words since I started blogging... it's been lovely to start sharing this journey with you. I've awarded you a Stylish Blogger and/or Versatile blogger Award :)) Follow the link below and join in the fun this Easter :)

    Love this Blog Hop idea... and love the story for your little one's names - so beautiful.

    Love always xoxo

    http://newyearmum.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-first-blogger-awards-and-good-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stinker, I love it! I guess Liam could be turned into mail, um no, I always called him my little Liam Monster though.

    I love that Kristen Eva means Follower of Christ and Life. How special of a name you chose for her.
    Liam's name means Protector and his middle name is Maximilian which means the Greatest. I love knowing his name means the Greatest Protector. well I guess I could have just let you read that when I post my post about this. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just letting you know that I'm giving the Stylish Blogger Award :) Here are the details:
    http://ouremptycradle.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete