Monday, May 9, 2011

Meeting the baby

I survived meeting Paulettes baby. I had actually called last week (a month later) to let Paulette know that I had been thinking about her, and that I thought I might be ready to get together one of these days. Today I had planned on taking Jenna to playgroup in the morning, and then calling to see if Paulette wanted some company. She actually showed up at playgroup this morning too (this is only the second time that she's gone) So it was a little bit of a surprise, but I was okay with the whole situation! There were moments when I would feel myself choking up, but I held them in... and I was fairly busy helping Jenna with different things, so we didn't have much time to talk just then.
So after playgroup, we decided to meet at her house for lunch and a visit. I did cry on the way to her place, it's still so hard to think that Kristen should be here too, and that all our girls should be growing up together.... but we did okay while there, and we even had a talk about how I was doing. She was understanding of why I had backed away for that little while.. which was a relief to me. The baby was asleep the whole time we were at Paulette's house, and Jenna and Alexis played like they always have, so it was a fairly easy visit.
I feel much better after getting our first visit "over with", I hope that things will continue to get easier as time goes on.......

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. that must have been tough. thinking of you and sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how tough it was...hope it gets easier for you over time...thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete