Sunday, August 14, 2011

In a funny place...

I am still here, and while I haven't been posting, or commenting as much as I normally do, I still get on here to read every couple of days or so.
I know people are wanting an update (or.. I'd like to think that some of you would like to know what's been happening in my world lately!) Anyway, if you didn't you would'nt be here right now reading right?? Sooooo my appt last Tuesday was pretty much a repeat of the last couple of weeks baby is growing (YAY) and the heartbeat is strong! Still wondering why my invitro/know my dates baby is measuring a full week behind. The doc even asked if Ken and I had had sex when I got back from Vancouver, as though this wasn't my invitro baby but a little week later miracle. Well that wasn't possible, so we're still wondering on this one! I asked when I'd be able to relax and get comfortable with the whole I'm actually preggo thing, and she said that if I make it to 12 wks, I should be okay.*** I don't know if that's 12 wks gestation (2 wks from now) or when Wee One is actually measuring 12 weeks. Guess if I get that far we'll figure it out. She (the doc) wants to do further testing to make sure everything is developing properly, since this has been such a shaky start to my pregnancy, again, we'll figure that out when I get further along. In the meantime, I'm starting to actually come around to the fact that this baby inside me, just MIGHT hang out for a while. My MIL asked me the other day if I thought I was having a boy or a girl, my response was that I couldn't even wrap my head around the thought that I was actually pregnant, let alone ponder the sex! So here I am still taking things day by day, and still trying to be prepared for the worst, but starting to hope more and more for the best!

*** each of us on the other side of loss knows that 12 wks doesn't necessarily equal baby, but it should mean that I won't miscarry due to something wrong from implantation or early development. Funny thing is that once I get that far along, I'll be ramping up for the cerclage, and a whole new set of fears!

Thanks to everyone who visited my friend on her blog... it means alot to me that she gets some support these days!!!

8 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to check in on you and see what was going on. Glad to hear baby is still growing, even if it is measuring a week behind! :) Maybe it just implanted later?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear babys heart is still beating and growing;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that the baby is still growing and has a strong heartbeat. So very relieved and happy for you. I hope the good news keeps coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad things are still going well with you. I am 15 weeks today and sometimes I feel like I could actually have a living baby this time around and then other times I have a small panic attack and don't feel better until I find baby's hb on my doppler. I think this whole pregnancy is going to be a bumpy ride. I am glad that what you are feeling is the same as I do. Will be hoping and praying that things keep going smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news that the baby is still growing! I'm sure you are in such a state of confusion and question. Not even being able to acknowledge your pregnancy sounds difficult-- but also for your emotional state, I know. Are you feeling pregnancy symptoms? Anything to compare to your last pregnancies? Crossing everything for you that this baby keeps on a cookin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear your little one is still growing and that hearts a beating.
    I can about imagine what you are feeling right now, but I know we are all hoping and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you and the baby are doing well. I'm praying that things continue to go smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldn't figure out how to pm but yes Dr M is for Motan. He is a fabulous RE. Smart, warm and compassionate. His wife is a pediatric urologist who did a surgery on B and she is very much the same. I've been lucky he's been my doc through all of this....even if I don't always like what he says!

    ReplyDelete