Thursday, September 1, 2011

Game Plan

Soooooo here's where we are.
My Dr is amazed that I've managed to keep this pregnancy, she was pretty sure things weren't going to progress this far. That being said.. Wee One is an apt name, I'm measuring 11 wks 5 days today (still exactly a week behind where we should be, but still growing week by week, thankfully) Because the baby is still that week behind we have a nucheal scan ordered for next Wednesday, the doctors are worried that there is an increased risk of Down's, or other developmental/chromosomal complications... If this is the case, we'll go for further testing after that... If (fingers crossed) everything comes out clear my cerclage will be sometime around the end of September.
I'm finally begining to wrap my head around the fact that this baby might just stick with us... funny because I'm so close to the end of the first trimester.... I guess if we go from the time we transfered, I would be thirteen weeks. I'm still apprehensive, I hope that there isn't anything developmentaly wrong with this baby... we'll cross that bridge when and if we get there I suppose. It's been such a hell of a ride so far! I'm taking things one (exhausting) day at a time, and so far it's worked!

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are doing alright and the baby is still growing even if it has been super exhausting.
    Praying that the tests come out good and you can get your cerclage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for you to post with an update on your wee one. I can't imagine how crazy this whole thing has been for you. I'm so glad that the baby is developing, though!! :) Hoping all the tests turn out great and you're able to get your cerclage done soon. Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things have been going well. I think being cautiously optimistic is completely normal after going through a loss. Hoping you continue to get great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. I'm so glad to hear that you are still pregnant. I hope the screening goes well and there aren't any red flags. I am so hopeful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the update Sherri. I have been thinking about you a lot. I will be interested to know what your scan says. Obviously we are all rooting for you that all is well in every regard. I am having my Nucheal Scan next Wendesday too! Then my cerclage on Friday. Please keep us posted. Sending you positive vibes and thinking of you and Wee One often.
    Take care of you both!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well at least things are consistent! Thinking of you and hoping results are good now and forever. Keep growing little one. You're loved.

    ReplyDelete