Saturday, October 22, 2011

again an update..............

Last year when I reached 20 wks, I thought I'd made it through the most dangerous part of pregnancy... I just assumed that halfway meant there was things they could do to save my baby should I run into problems! I'd never had to worry about loss, and didn't give it much thought.. this time around, it's all I've thought about! I'm 20 wks today, and although my bubs is still measuring a few days behind I'm going to consider myself 20 wks, after all I've been through these last few months, I deserve at least that! haha!
I had another appt last Tuesday, and it went fairly well.... my fluid has once again increased, which is great news for the baby. I am still seeping though, which once again leaves me anxious. I so want to know how the next few months are going to play out! We got some great 3-D pics of my little man, one of these days I'll get them on here...
Yesterday we had our anatomy scan, and things looked pretty good... there's one other issue that's arisen (of course, why wouldn't something else pop up!) Our baby has a 2 vessel umbilical chord instead of the normal 3 vessels.... This may mean nothing at all, and it may be a sign of heart or kidney problems, I have another scan in two weeks to take a closer look, the radiologist was very reasurring, but at this point, I'll remain cautious until we know otherwise. That being said, we did go ahead and let Jenna know that I do have a baby in my belly. We thought long and hard over whether or not it's the right decision, but decided to prepare her either way. We've explained to her that there is still lots of risk, and that the new baby may have to join Kristen in heaven, but that we are praying that he gets to stay in me and grow until he's big enough to join our family. I think she understands the situation somewhat.... she keeps saying that she hopes he gets to come home with us. The cutest parts of telling her was her reaction, number one was "But I want a baby girl, not a boy!" She was pretty put out by that fact. And she's decided that the baby's name is Jason... where she gets that, I have no clue! There's nobody that she knows with that name, and as far as I know, nobody on any of the TV shows she watches either! I'm pretty sure the baby will be called Carter John, it's the name we've had picked for more than six years now.... ever since Ken's Grandfather asked what we would name a baby if we had one. Carter because we both like that name, and John for his Pop, who is now deceased. I told Ken that if I have to give birth to this baby, no matter when it happens, he needs a name. Now we just have to convince Jenna ;)

7 comments:

  1. Mostly good news, and we'll celebrate it all! I love Jenna's reactions. What a kid. :)

    Hoping, wishing every moment to continue in peace and happiness with this little baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear that your appt went Ok and that your fluid has increased. I've been thinking of you so much and hoping that everything is going ok for you all. I can remember thinking exactly what you said in my pregnancy with Gabrielle and presuming everything would be OK after 20 weeks... our experiences take away the innocence of being happily pregnant and then for you to be going through so much during this pregnancy too. I really feel for you and think you're an incredibly brave mum. Lovely that you told your daughter... our DD is adamant that she wants a sister too and has chosen her a name already. It's amazing how their little minds work. All my heart and thoughts are with you.. love always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 20 weeks! I am very happy with the mostly good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to see that the fluid has increased and that most of the anatomy scan went well. I'm sorry you've hit another issue with the two vessel umbilical cord, though. Continuing to keep you and your wee one in my thoughts & prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for more fluid!!!! Sorry about the scan, but what my tech told me is the majority of serious heart and kidney problems are visual on scan at 20 weeks. Even my little guys "soft" markers for both his heart and kidney were observed, so hopefully they will be able to rule that out in 2 weeks and you will get some good news.

    Thinking of you and love that your daughter is excited...hope all continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you have made it to 20 weeks. Thank you for the updates too. I think about you often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 20 weeks, woohoo! Even though there is still many weeks to go, I am excited for you.
    That is adorable about Jenna and naming the baby:) I think Carter is a really great name and can't wait till you get to hold him in your arms- screaming of course!

    ReplyDelete