Wednesday, December 21, 2011

29 weeks 4 days and all is well!

I had my weekly appt yesterday, and thankfully all is going well! My cervix is still measuring 2cms which is perfectly fine.. thanks Mr Cerclage (or maybe Mrs) for doing your job! And Carter now weighs roughly 2 1/2 lbs! Grow baby grow! Now that I've past 28 wks I'm allowed to sit at the table from my meals from now on! Yayyyyy no turkey dinner on the couch!
Ken doesn't get home this year until Boxing Day, so I've rigged Jenna's advent calendar so that she runs out of choclates that night, and that's when Santa is going to visit our house! lol! The worst thing about this whole bedrest scenario is that I would normally throw myself into baking and running around to take my mind off of spending Christmas here and not in Alberta...... but now all I have to do is lay around and think of the family and friends I'm not going to see this year (pity party for moi!) My rational brain knows that even if I wasn't on bedrest, this year would be spent here in NL. But I don't always think with that part of my brain!

11 comments:

  1. Yay almost 30 weeks! I was just thinking about what an amazing story Carter has. It seemed to be very touch and go for awhile and I'm just so thrilled that you guys are almost 30 weeks and little Carter is doing great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I can't tell you how relieved I am that things are progressing so well! You're doing a great job, momma!

    Grow Carter grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see the update and that everything is still going well. I agree with Jessica...carter has an amazing story! He has really defied the odds. Congrats on hitting 30 weeks! I hope time flies for you(I know how much bedrest sucks) I'm so excited for you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that things are going so well for you...it is such wonderful news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost 30 weeks, and so awesome you and Carter are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops... BIG typo there! 28 weeks and 4 days... wow, I'm getting ahead of myself! Still doing good though and relieved to have made it this far! Sorry everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the other comments that this is really a miracle baby and amazing story to retell to Carter when he is older.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you. It was so rocky at the beginning, it's just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grow Carter Grow!!!!!

    Yay for sitting up turkey dinner!!

    :) 28 weeks is huge!!!!

    How do YOU feel?

    ReplyDelete