Thursday, January 5, 2012

30 wks 5 days!

And this time I double checked the title :P
Everything is going wonderfully baby/cerclage wise. I did get a call from my OB yesterday telling me that my sugars were high after the glucose test. sigh. Doesn't necessarily mean gestational diabetes yet, I have to go for the "yucky" test (her words not mine) and see from there. Of course it would just be something else to add to the list of things I've gone through with this pregnancy! LOL!!
Here's a quick recap, just for the fun of it:

1. Beta's rising after IVF, but not doubling... I'm informed it's probably an impending miscarraige.
2. Weeks 6-8 lots of bleeding and clotting, told to be prepared for the worst.
3. Week 12, do an Nuchal Translucency, since the baby measures a full week behind, and it could be developmental..... thickened measurement at the scan, Docs suggest doing an amnio.
4. Week 14... HUGE gush of blood... think for sure this is the end (yet again)
5. Week 17, Amnio performed... they broke my water during the procedure... Bedrest from here on out.
6. Week 21 find out that my cervix has continued to shorten despite bedrest. Down to half a centimeter, and emergency cerclage is put in.
7. Week 21-29 somewhere in here I lose my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8. Week 30 possible Gestational Diabetes. ARGH!

I hope that maybe this will someday give hope to somebody who is dealing with some of the above issues..... and I hope they are as fortunate as we are!

Still... I'm here carrying this amazing little man, who truly has to be a miracle, and we're in what I consider to be the final stretch! I'm pretty sure this is one of the longest pregnancies EVER! I can't wait to meet Carter, and to start the next stage of our lives... one that doesn't revolve around infertility, but around our little family!

9 comments:

  1. So glad You have made it this far!!! For some reason my phone won't always let me comment on ur posts but I am always reading and thinking of u!! Can't wait for Carter's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly. You've had one hell of a ride in this pregnancy, haven't you? Glad he's still alive and well.. that's what matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot!!!

    This pregnancy has given you a serious run for the money. I'm hoping the rest of this pregnancy is *seriously* uneventful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're getting there! ONly a few more weeks left! Try to keep yourself sane, too. Many prayers and hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad things are going well and I love your blog's new look!!!

    I totally here ya about too much excitement on this pregnancy, and you have had way more drama than I...you are so close and I can't wait to see pics of the little guy in a few months. Hang in there you are getting so close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been through so much for this pregnancy. Carter definitely has a miracle story! Praying everything continues to go well and that the borderline gestational diabetes thing turns out to be nothing! I'm so excited for you guys; I know this pregnancy has been dragging for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been through so much in this past year, and yet you always seem so positive.
    I can't wait for you guys to meet Carter either and start that next stage of your lives.
    Finally stretch right, less than 10 weeks to go:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heyy. Take it easy girl. I've heard the test for GD is nasty but I've never done it. At 17 weeks I was put on bed rest for low fluid. Before the bed rest I was acvtive and really appericated the rest. Congrats & stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carter is truly an amazing miracle... you've both been through so much and beaten all the odds :) You're an amazing mum to him and your two daughters :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete