Saturday, January 14, 2012

32 Weeks!!!

Hurray! I feel so much better after reaching this milestone. It helps to know that if we were still living in Alberta, the hospital in my hometown would take a baby at 32 weeks, where if he was born before that, he'd have to be flown to Edmonton for care. That tells me that this is a much safer gestation to be at now! I'm hoping that when the stitch is out in 4 weeks (FOUR WEEKS!!!!) that I'll go into labour right away. I'm supposed to be a planned section, but that won't be booked until 39 weeks, and I could go at any time in between. I'm afraid of having to race to the hospital for an emergency section, when I live and hour and a half from the hospital.... My labour with Jenna happened really fast, and by the time they had me wheeled from the hospital room up to the operating room, I was fully effaced! I still had a section with her though.
Anyway, I'm feeling really good for the most part, I've had some cramping lately, but nothing frequent or extremely strong.. so I've just been paying attention to how often it happens.
Praying for all my fellow BLMs especially the one's that have recently been admitted to hospital... it doesn't seem fair that we have to fight so hard for our pregnancies when so many women who don't deserve or want to be pregnant have babies every day! Something I'll never understand!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting 32 weeks, and you are right it is a huge marker!!! 3 of the ladies in my rainbow birth board have delivered their babies this week at 32.5 and 33.4 weeks due to Pre-E and there babies are doing wonderful. They are still in the NICU, but are breathing on their own. Praying the next 4 weeks fly by quickly for you and that you are holding your little man not long after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on hitting 32 weeks; your story is just so amazing and inspiring! Hope the next 4 weeks go by quickly for you. I can't wait until your baby boy is here so we can see some pictures of this little miracle!! :) Still praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great milestone!! I will feel great when I hit that one, too! You give us newby bed-resters hope for a positive ending! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of all of us who have lost a baby and even the ones who have experienced difficult pregnancies will never understand why some pregnancies are so "easy" and others have to fight so hard to bring a baby home. I'm just glad to her you and your little guy are doing good.

    ReplyDelete