Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A year and a half

The 19th of May hit me hard. I miss you still, sometimes more than ever. I was a weepy mopey mess all week without really knowing why, then I looked at the calendar. A year and a half without you, how can so much time have slipped past?! The day before the 19th a little girl was talking to me at Jenna's swimming lessons, she told me that her name was Sophie and that she was 6. "Is your name Kristen?" She asked me so innocently.... "No, It's Sherri" But I have a baby named Kristen, I so badly wanted to tell her. But how do you explain an angel baby to a six year old. Of all the names she could have asked was mine! I'll never forget about you sweet little baby of mine... even when 60 and a half years have slipped by, you'll still have your special place in my heart!

5 comments:

  1. The anniversaries remain so hard. SO hard.

    What are the chances she would ask if you were Kristen. Seriously? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, what are the chances?

    We'll all be mopey, weepy messes forever missing our babies. It's our prerogative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our angels follow us around wherever we go...can't tell you how many Logan's I come across on a weekly basis. Feels like every time I turn around there is another, just not the one I miss so desperately.

    I second the anniversaries are still a mess part...don't think that part will ever truly get easier. I hate that we share the 19th...knowing anothe momma is just as sad as I am every month.

    Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I'm approaching the two year mark... How is that possible?! They will truly be our babies forever. I know I will think if Hayes everyday for the rest of my life, and I'm glad I will bc they are important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and Kristen... beautiful story of the 6y/o mentioning her name. Love to you always xoxo

    ReplyDelete